With all of the useful equipment on the market today, it’s no wonder why even simple meals are becoming a great, family gathering. Simple sandwiches and panini are becoming the main course of meals that were once thought to be just “quick bites”. Products like the Delonghi America CGH1020D Combination Grill are making all of this possible.
Not only are they useful and have the ability to add an assortment of menu choices but they’re easy and quick to use, simple to clean and store, and fit almost every budget. Let’s take a close look at this awesome combo sandwich maker/panini press. It can do so much!
The keywords you need to know about this product are: Versatile, budget friendly, easy to clean, and safe.
- 5 cooking functions: contact grill & Panini press, open full grill, open full griddle, half grill half griddle
- Removable, dishwasher safe die-cast plates with embedded heating elements
- Digital control LED panel with two knobs to set the temperature control of the two plates
- Large cooking surface of 14.5in x 9in (doubles to 14.5in x 18in once opened)
- Hanging self adjustable hinge won't crush small sandwiches or large pieces of meat while still cooking it through
- Combination of functions which include: A contact grill, full griddle, half grill, sandwich and panini press, and more!
- Removable plates that are dishwasher safe and easy to clean and have embedded heating elements.
- Digitally controlled, LED temp panel/indicator with 2 knobs to set and adjust the precise temperature you’re looking for. The temp knobs and heat are dual controlled so that you can adjust both sides of the grill.
- HUUUGE cooking surface of 15 inches by 9 inches. Easy to feed company or a family breakfast, lunch or diner.
- Non-stick surface.
Why We Like the Delonghi America CGH1020D Combo Grill:
- Adjustable hinge that doesn’t smush sandwiches or meat but still cook it thoroughly AND at the same time has enough weight to ensure proper heat and cooking distribution as well as those sought after grill and panini marks.
- The dual sided and controlled heating adjustment with easy and accurate LED display.
- One of the most versatible products we have reviewed.
- Removable plates for easy washing and maintenance along with an oil drip tray to keep the grease out of your meal and to dispose of easily.
- Delonghi’s dedicated app that comes with recipes, tips and tutorials.
- Not cheap, but well worth every penny. It’s a kitchen accessory that will last.
What We Aren’t Crazy About:
- Uses a lot of energy.
- UK/European buyers will need a converter as it is only sold in the 120v 60Hz
Delonghi is a name that has become synonymous with kitchen accessories and appliances. Nowhere is that more evident than in this combination sandwich/panini/contact grill. The CGH1020E is a great appliance to have in a kitchen and can even accomplish more of a commercial task such as a sandwich cooker in a small shop or cafeteria/restaurant.
Don’t take the cons’ too heavily. Unless you’re really, really green…this product isn’t going to hike up your power bill or kill the environment. However, if you’re looking for an alternative then you may want to check out our review of the Breville BSG1974XL, the “Original Sandwich Maker!”