Are you curious about countertop convection ovens, but are not sure if one is right for your lifestyle? We know how you feel! There is a lot of information out there, but it can still be hard to figure out if the benefits of having one outweigh the costs.
Whether you are looking to replace an existing toaster oven or want to jump into the world of air frying, we can help you find the details you need to make an informed choice.
In this guide, we hope to answer your questions about these units and help you find the best product for your family.
Best Countertop Ovens – Top 5 Recommendations
Here are 5 models you should consider if you are looking for a countertop convection oven!
Oster XL Countertop Convection Oven
This until has a fully digital display with button settings for pizza, bake, broil, roast and defrost. It has the capacity to bake two pizzas, a whole chicken or 18 slices of bread at a time. The convection feature can be turned on and off from the main control panel. The interior is non-stick and easy to clean. The timer can be set from 1-90 minutes and features an auto shut off when complete. It comes with two stainless steel oven racks, a baking pan and an integrated broiling rack.
Size and Appearance
It stands 16.7 inches tall and has a footprint of 24 x 21.5 inches, and weighs 26 pounds. It comes in a modern stainless steel exterior that will look great in any kitchen.
Cuisinart Air Fryer Toaster Oven
This unit has a manual display, with knobs to control the timer, temperature, settings and toast functions. The settings are air fry, convection bake, convection broil, bake, broil and toast. The timer can be set for 1-60 minute and has an auto shut off. The convection feature is controlled by the chosen setting, so use the convection bake or broil feature when you want the fan to be used. The interior light can be turned on and off. The interior is coated with a non-stick layer for easy cleaning. It has an internal capacity of 0.6 cubic feet, which can handle a whole chicken, a 12-inch pizza or 6 slices of toast. It comes with a stainless steel oven rack, a baking pan and an air fryer basket.
Size and Appearance
It stands 14 inches tall, and has a footprint of 14 x 15.8 inches. It weighs 21 pounds. The exterior is an easy-to-clean stainless steel that will blend with any kitchen decor.
This unit has a digital screen with dial controls. It has 9 pre programmed settings including keep warm, reheat, cookie, bagel, toast, pizza, bake, roast and broil. The convection fan can be turned on and off, and it has a special setting for cooking frozen foods. The timer can be adjusted from 1-120 minutes. It has the capacity to make a 12-inch pizza, several Cornish game hens or 6 slices of toast. The interior is coated with a non-stick layer. It comes with a stainless steel oven rack, a 12-inch round broiling rack, a 12-inch round pan and a removable crumb/drip tray.
Size and Appearance
It stands 13.9 inches tall and has the dimensions of 18 x 15 inches. It weighs 19.7 pounds. The exterior is a stainless steel, although there are similar models with other finishes as well.
This unit has a digital control screen with dials to control the settings. The settings are toast, bagel, broil, bake, roast, warm, pizza, proof, air fry, reheat, cookies, slow cook and dehydrate. It has a 1.0 cubic foot interior capacity, and can roast a 14-pound turkey, accommodate a 5.5 quart Dutch oven or fit a 13 x 9 inch sheet pan. The convection setting is adjustable, and it has two fan settings for more effective frying. The interior is coated with a non-stick layer. It comes with 2 stainless steel oven racks, a broiling rack, a ceramic-coated baking pan, a pizza pan and an air fryer/dehydrator basket.
Size and Appearance
It stands 17.2 inches tall and has a footprint of 21.4 x 12.8 inches. It weighs 38.9 pounds. The exterior is a brushed stainless steel, so it will look great for years to come.
Wolf Gourmet WGCO100S
This unit has a digital display with dial control knobs. It has an integrated temperature probe that will show the internal cooking temperature on the display. The convection feature is able to be turned on and off. The settings are proof, warm, roast, bake, broil or toast. The timer can be set from 1 minute up to 4 hours, and the unit can be set to cook until a specific internal temperature is reached using the probe. The interior is lined with a non-stick layer. It comes with the temperature probe, a stainless steel oven rack, an interior sheet pan, a broiling rack and a removable crumb tray.
Size and Appearance
This unit stands 12.5 inches and has the dimensions of 22.5 x 22 inches. It weighs 40 pounds. The exterior is a brushed stainless steel and the control knobs come in three colors: silver, red and black.
Countertop Convection Oven Buying Guide
A countertop convection oven is a full-sized toaster oven with a built-in air fryer. They vary in size and footprint, but most have similar internal dimensions. They are designed to live on your countertop and be a permanent fixture in your kitchen.
What Are The Benefits of a Countertop Convection Oven?
These units can air fry, convection bake, bake, broil, roast, grill, toast and warm-up foods. You can use a lot of your existing cooking equipment in them, saving you the cost of buying special accessories. You can roast a whole chicken, bake a pie and air fry a batch of onion rings all in the same unit!
They are perfect for people living in tight spaces, and for those who sometimes want extra oven capacity. Need a spot to cook a holiday side dish while the main course works its magic in the oven? Just toss it in your countertop oven!
Speed and Efficiency
Small but powerful, these appliances preheat quickly and easily maintain their temperature. Most units have multiple heating elements, and the fan circulates the hot air, ensuring that you food will turn out perfectly browned every time. No more waiting 30 minutes for your oven to preheat and heating up your kitchen in the process. These units are faster and more energy efficient than a traditional oven.
Replaces Other Appliances
If you have a small kitchen, or live in an RV or dorm room, then you will really appreciate the fact that this single appliance can do so many things. It can replace the use of a traditional oven, air fryer and toaster! That is three appliances in one!
Which is Better: An Air Fryer or a Countertop Convection Oven?
It depends. A countertop oven has a larger capacity than a standard egg-shaped air fryer. They can handle more food than a stand alone unit and can more easily air fry different items at the same time. For larger families, this is likely going to be a better choice.
Countertop ovens are even more versatile than an air fryer, and require fewer special accessories to take advantage of all their features. If you plan to do a lot of air frying and also use the other functions like baking and toasting, then this might be the better choice for you. Larger families and those living in kitchenettes and RV’s will appreciate the added flexibility of these appliances.
They have a bigger footprint and weigh more than an air fryer, and are not designed to be stored away between uses. If you prefer an appliance that does not stay on your countertop all the time, or if your planned use is to mostly make a few servings of fried foods, then an air fryer might suit your needs better than a countertop oven.
What Features Should You Look For?
Capacity is king with countertop convection ovens! They vary from 0.5 cubic foot all the way up to a 1.0 cubic foot of room. A smaller capacity unit can toast up to 6 slices of bread or air fry 3 pounds of wings at a time, while the very largest can handle roasting a 14 pound turkey! Pay attention to how many oven racks the appliance comes with, as multiple oven racks means you can cook more food at the same time.
Whether you prefer a modern digital touchscreen display, or a retro-style knob or dial unit, there is an oven to suit your tastes. Most units use a combination of digital and dial elements and are easy to set and adjust.
Do you want a bagel option along with your toasting choices? How about a setting just for frozen pizza? Some units come with a variety of built-in presets that allow you to easily customize the function to match your food. Never worry about forgetting a setting with built-in presets!
Many units have a convection setting, so you can decide when to turn on the fan and when to cook without it. Others will always use the fan. If you want the option of using the fan or not, be sure your oven has a convection control option.
A countertop convection oven is a great choice for large families, those who want additional oven space, and those living in small kitchenettes or RVs that lack a traditional oven. Of the products in our guide, our top recommendation goes to the Cuisinart TOA-60. This unit has the capacity and the versatility you need to get the most out of your oven air fryer. You can fry, convection bake, bake, broil and toast, all in the one appliance, and it even has an internal light.
The Cuisinart TOA-60 is the perfect option for big families, and small families in tight living situations. It is a fast and efficient appliance. You won’t need a separate toaster or air fryer, or even a full-sized oven to make everything you want to eat!
Before proceeding any further, what is a convection toaster oven in the first place? It is basically an appliance, more precisely an oven that has fans to help circulate the air inside it. There are many types including countertop convection oven. So what does it do? It is basically there to help you deal with problems of uneven cooking by allowing you to cook food in a smooth and even manner. The fans are there to help keep the temperature at a steady state.
It is a worthy kitchen appliance, and if you have space, you should get it for yourself as well. Always remember to read some convection toaster oven reviews before making a purchase. Hence our best convection oven reviews Be it a convection toaster or any other appliance, you should always check out some reviews before deciding which one you are going to buy. This is especially true if you are looking for the best convection toaster oven in the market. You don’t want to spend a lot of money to find out the appliance is rubbish.
Advantages & Disadvantages
You should be aware of the fact that there are numerous advantages and disadvantages to a convection oven. If you’re thinking of owning a convection oven and using it for yourself check these out:
- Making use of such an oven will reduce your cooking time by a great deal. You won’t feel like you are taking forever to get your food cooked because using such ovens means that it takes only a limited amount of time to get things done. Compared to conventional ovens, you will definitely be able to save a lot of time for yourself.
- The use of convection ovens also means that you are going to save more energy for yourself. Such an oven heats every easily and is able to circulate all of the hot air inside the oven. Thus, the oven is able to make efficient use of all the emitted heat which saves not only a lot of time but also a lot of energy as well.
- The results of using such an oven are also worth seeing. The truth of the matter is, the more efficient heating system is, better will the food be cooked. Utilisation of convection currents within the oven ensures that the food cooks faster, efficiently and tastes great in the end.
So, without further ado, here is a list of the 4 best convection ovens that you can find in the current market:
Best convection toaster oven reviews
Countertop Convection Oven
Check Out This Beautiful Oster Toaster Oven!
- It is a 6 slice toaster that also features a convection turbo technology. This provides a faster and a more even cooking experience thus giving you the optimal results.
- Has an extra large capacity. It can fit in a maximum of 16 inch Pizza inside it, a whole chicken, some casseroles along with some roasts as well has hams.
- Has a temperature range of 150-450 degrees along with separate settings for baking, boiling, toasting as well as defrosting. Also comes with a timer of 90 minutes with an auto shutdown system.
- The dimensions measure around 15.75 inches in width and 16.36 inches in depth. The lower to upper heater division measures around 6.85 inches in length.
- Because of its dimensions and how light it is, it can be counted as a countertop convection oven
- Also includes a total of 2 oven racks, a durable baking pan and also an integrated broiler’s rack.
Full sized ovens are usually very inefficient for baking and cooking any small/medium sized food items. That is because they take too much time and energy for cooking, also they taking big space in kitchen. Considering to replace them with countertop convection ovens is great,just because they are lower power and space consumer. That leads to a lot of energy consumption. But with this product, you won’t have any such issues. Not only is that but the design of this product also first class. As far as aesthetic beauty is concerned, it is simply majestic to look at and would make its way into any kitchen. If you are looking for a white convection toaster oven, then this is the one.
Check Out the Current Price on Amazon Here!
Best Convection Toaster Oven
- Have a lot of fans for circulation of hot air in order to distribute all of the heat and dissipate it faster and in a more even fashion. This allows food to cook around 20 to 50 percent faster with a well-browned exterior while the interior is moist and juicy. For a convection toaster oven, that is pretty impressive.
- Also has a multi-functioning oven which is ideal for baking, defrosting, broiling, toasting as well as slow baking and keeping warm mechanisms.
- Can easily cook 2 pizzas with a diameter of 12 inches because of its extra large space.
- Cleaning up is also significantly easier because of the interior which is made up of Dura-stone. A simple sponge wipe is enough to clean the whole thing up.
One of the best aspects of this oven is easily its large cavity on the top which gives more cooking space to the person using it. As mentioned before, you can easily cook 2 pizzas at the same time which is really impressive to say the least. Another thing this product does well. Its multi-functioning qualities are also noteworthy.
Best Digital Convection Oven (large convection oven)
- Comes with an even heating technology that can provide a persistent amount of heat throughout the entire cycle of baking and thus provide delicious results.
- You can also use this oven to bake yourself some pizza or broil a certain food item or keep an already made dish warm and even.
- Comes with a total of 9 pre-programmed functionalities like the one that allows you to adjust the temperature to suit roasting.
- Comes with a timer that spans a total of 120 minutes which can also be set to provide you with a reminder to indicate when a dish is ready or not.
- It comes with a non-sticky pan of 12 inches diameter along with a broiling rack of the same measurements, a cooking rack and a drip tray.
- For those who want a large convection oven, this fits their requirements because of its dimensions which are pretty large compared to all the other ones.
Without questions,the best features of one of the best large toaster oven is that it comes with 9 pre-installed functions that are ridiculously helpful to say the least. Some of these features include baking, pizza making, roasting, broiling, keeping warm, reheating, etc. The timer also comes with an alarm like a system that can provide you with information on when your dish is ready.
Best Small Convection Oven
- Multi-functioning 6 piece slicer which also has a rotisserie spit.
- You can also choose from a myriad of different functions like baking, baking with the convection currents turned on, broiling, slow baking, keeping warm,
- Also has a cavity which can fit in a volume of 20 litres and can easily fit a pizza of 12 inches diameter. Comes with a crumb tray and has a non-stick
- Comes with a non-stick baking pan, a non-stick broiler tray, a flat rack and so on.
- The dimensions of this convection oven are 19 to 3/8, 14, and 10 to 3/7 inches.
If you are on the lookout for a small convection oven, then your wish will be fulfilled by this product. One of the best features of this oven is the ‘convention’ option which it provides. Turning it on switches on the fans on the sides and the rear thus allowing more heat to flow through more quickly which automatically makes the cooking process more efficient. The extra trays that come along with this oven are also of huge importance because it is really useful and efficient for cooking. The space provided by the oven for cooking does no damage to its reputation either. It further gives people a reason to buy this oven. The number of features provided is simply staggering.